HEALTHIEST FRUITS BANANA: WHAT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BANANA
Bananas come with nature gifted protective outer layer of skin, and therefore, less likely to be contaminated by germs and dust.
- Banana fruit sections are a great addition in fruit salads.
- Fresh “banana-milkshake” with almond milk is a refreshing drink.
- Bananas have also been used to prepare fruit jams.
- Grilled banana fruit can be served on cake/ ice cream in the Caribbean style dessert.
- Banana chips (plantain) enjoyed as snack produced from dehydration or fried banana or plantain slices).
- Mashed ripe banana fruits can be added to cakes, casseroles, muffins, bread pudding, etc.
- Plantains and raw unripe banana can be employed as a vegetable in recipes.
|Principle||Nutrition Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Vitamins||Nutrition Value||Percentage of
|Electrolytes||Nutrition Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Minerals||Nutrition Value||Percentage of
|Phyto-nutrition||Nutrition Value||Percentage of RDA|
HEALTHIEST FRUITS BANANA: HEALTHY NUTRITION TIPS AND BENEFITS
Healthiest Fruits Banana: Plantains are other cultivar types more often known as cooking bananas. They are closely related to familiar fruit banana or dessert banana. Plantains are used as a staple diet in many parts of tropical African and Caribbean regions as well as in Thailand, Laos, and other Southeast Asian parts.
- Plantain relatively has more calories weight for weight than that in the table bananas. 100g plantain holds about 122 calories, while dessert banana has only 89 calories. Indeed, they are very reliable sources of starch and energy; ensuring food security for millions of inhabitants worldwide.
- It contains 2.3g of dietary fiber per 100g (6% of DRA(Recommended Dietary Allowances) per 100g). Adequate amount of dietary-fiber in the food helps normal bowel movements, thereby reducing constipation problems.
- Fresh plátanos have more vitamin C than bananas. 100g provide 18.4mg or 31% of daily required levels of this vitamin. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin-C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals. However, boiling and cooking destroys much of this vitamin in plantains.
- Plantains carry more vitamin A than bananas. 100g fresh ripe plantains contain 1127IU (International units) or 37.5% of daily required levels of this vitamin. Besides being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin A plays a vital role in the visual cycle, maintaining healthy mucus membranes, and enhancing skin complexion.
- As in bananas, they too are rich sources of B-complex vitamins, particularly high in vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine). Pyridoxine is an important B-complex vitamin that has a beneficial role in the treatment of neuritis, anemia, and to decrease homocystine (one of the causative factors for coronary artery disease (CHD) and stroke episodes) levels in the body. In addition, the fruit contains moderate levels of folates, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin.
- They also provide adequate levels of minerals such as iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. Magnesium is essential for bone strengthening and has a cardiac-protective role as well.
- Fresh plantains have more potassium than bananas. 100g fruit provides 499mg of potassium (358mg per 100g for bananas). Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure, countering negative effects of sodium.