20 Simple Tips To Help You Lose Weight
1. Lower Your Intake Of Calories Compared To What You Burn
- When you start your diet plan to lose weight, it is imperative that you lower your calorie intake. Consume 1200 to 1600 calories each day and burn 5000 calories more compared to what you eat.
- This can be done by shaving off 500 calories per day by making changes in your diet and exercise.
2. Do Not Skip Breakfast
- When you are trying to lose 10 pounds in 7 days, it is imperative that you do not miss your breakfast.
- It is the most important meal of the day and research has shown that people who do not skip breakfast to cut back on calories have lower BMI’s than people who do.
3. Take In Lean Proteins
- Take in more lean meat as it will help you to avoid overeating and make you feel full. You can consume 98% lean beef, chicken breast, eggs and fish such as salmon, mackerel, etc.
4. Consume Fewer Carbohydrates
- When trying to lose weight, always lower your carbohydrates intake.
- This is easily absorbed by the body and stored as fat.
- This includes cookies, cakes, honey, candies, and packed cereals.
5. Consume Complex Carbs
- Consume fiber-rich foods that are a rich source of good carbohydrate as it takes the time to be absorbed by the body.
- When trying to lose weight, it is better that you include food like brown rice, whole grain pasta, legumes, apricots, etc.
6. Avoid Junk Food
- When you are following a diet, the prime aspect that you need to reject is junk food. There are no cheat days, and therefore, it is not ok to binge one day.
- Remove all sorts of junk food like fries, burger, etc. from your home and avoid it at all cost.
7. Eat In Small Portions
- If you are trying to lose 10 pounds in 7 days, it is essential that you start eating in smaller portions and at regular intervals.
- Reducing the portion size not only curbs your appetite but also slows down your metabolism so that you can lose weight in a healthy way.
8. Search For Lighter Options
- If you are on a diet, then you need to look for food options which fall under the low fat and low carb category.
- These are effective products like low-fat yogurt, etc. and supply the necessary nutrients you require.
9. Do Not Snack Late In The Night
- Snacking late at night affects our bodies as it stacks up unrequited calories in the body. This doesn’t allow the body to burn the extra fat and therefore, you do not tend to lose weight.
- So, finish off your dinner by 8-9 p.m. and avoid eating snacks before sleep.
10. Drink Plenty Of Water
- One of the most important things that most people forget when they follow a diet plan to lose weight is to drink ample amount of fluids.
- It fills you up and restricts overeating and keeps you hydrated throughout the day.
11. Reject Liquids With High Calories
- When following a diet, it is necessary that you reject all fluids that are rich in calorie.
- This includes fruit juice, aerated drinks and energy drinks. It also includes all kinds of alcohol.
12. Invest In Cardio
- You need to work out as well and lose the requisite amount of calories.
- Cardio is the best option to do so as it regulates blood circulation as well as burns up the fat in the body.
13. Weight Train
- This is effective ways to burn calories. It can effectively burn out more calories as its effects last even after the workout session is over.
- It not only cutbacks on the fat but also helps you to build a lean body that lasts for a long time.
It is important that you add walking to your list of exercise that you have to do to lose weight. Take the stairs instead of an elevator. Walk for at least 30 minutes per day helps you burn a lot of calories.
15. Opt For Cross Training
- Cross training is a new concept that has emerged recently. It is basically a mix of endurance, strength and aerobic exercises that are effectively employed to lose weight fast.
- Moreover, the exercises are applicable for every part of the body which helps you to shed weight uniformly.
16. Keep A Healthy Diet Chart
- When you aim at losing weight, it is important that you maintain a proper diet chart that can be followed easily.
- This helps you to keep a track of what you eat.
17. Avoid Eating Sugary Food
- Dieting means cutting out food items rich in sugar as it doesn’t help you to burn the fat in the body.
- Rather it increases the insulin level that helps to store fat in the body.
18. Get Adequate Amount Of Sleep
- When you are following any kind of diet, getting the requisite amount of sleep is absolutely imperative.
- Moreover, sleep deprivation lead to weight gain and thus, proves to be counterproductive.
19. Keep A Track Of The Calories You Burn
- When you are trying to lose 10 pounds in 7 days, keep a food journal by your side.
- This keeps a record of how many calories you have consumed and how many calories you need to burn.
20. Keep Yourself Motivated
- When following a diet plan, you have to keep motivating yourself to look fabulous.
- Keep a check on yourself and maintain a proper diet. If you can do so, you can achieve a healthy body.